Ever student gets to learn many things during their higher education in abroad. This period is considered as much valuable time in his/her’s life. During this time the students can enhance their knowledge by gaining international exposure and expand technical skills required to compete the job market.
Below mentioned few points will explain about the basic things one should know before travelling to UK.
1. The orientation week must be attended once you arrive in the host country and understand the grading system of the university where in you will be studying. The grading might also defer depending upon your choice of course selected.
2. To some the new environment might make them feel lonely and lost during the first few weeks. The UK universities have an international society to help overseas students settle in and build friends. The international societies conduct social activities such as parties, meet-ups, visits to local tourist attractions and many more.
3. The curriculum pattern of UK Universities varies depending upon the course/program you have selected. It will be explained in detail during orientation week.
4. Attendance are to be considered much important and don’t take a chance of missing a class for more than 1 or 2 days, Which might certainly be a heavy loss for you as the University will have to report about your absence to the UK Border Agency upon continuous absence for a week.
5. You will require to undertake course work for each individual subjects apart from examinations if any. There are specific patterns (will be explained during orientation week) to be followed while preparing the course work and dissertation/thesis.
6. Plagiarism is an act of breaking the ethical policy of academics. The UK education system considers Plagiarism in examination as one of the serious offence. Cases will be examined and penalties might vary from deduction of grades to dismissal from the University, depending on the significance of the event.